Terms and conditions
For information about copyright issues, please refer to the copyright statement.
Use of material
The RHC70s website is maintained by volunteer(s). It is made available to you for your personal viewing and use. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which take effect from the date of first use. RHC70s makes all the content available on this website free of charge to users under the following conditions:
- You may use the content solely for your own private study, research, and instructional or educational purposes, either as printed copies or by downloading on to your personal computer.
- The licence granted to you to reproduce content permits the incorporation of material from the web site, with due acknowledgement of the copyright holder provided that access to any material reproduced or incorporated is limited to alumni from Royal Holloway College from the period covered.
- Without the written permission of the relevant copyright holder, no part of these web pages may be published in any medium or transmitted to, or stored in, any publicly accessible website or other form of electronic retrieval system, nor accessed in such a manner as to make them appear part of any third party's web site or electronic database or retrieval system.
- The names, marks and logos identifying RHC70 and some third parties are proprietary marks of these organisations and may not be reproduced without their prior written permission.
Cookies are used on this site particularly in the Community section of the site. Please read the Cookies article if you want more information.
Hyperlinking to RHC70s: You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site where they are available for public viewing.
Hyperlinking from RHC70s: We are not responsible for the content or reliability of any linked websites. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
Virus Protection Awareness
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material downloaded from this website.
Quality & Fitness for Purpose: the content of this web site is provided for information purposes only. Whilst care has been taken in its preparation, it is added to by a number of contributors and the RHC70s website and material relating to third party information, products and services, is provided 'as is', without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of accuracy, reliability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Site visitors who rely on this information do so at their own risk.
Service: we do not warrant that the functionality of this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of the RHC70s website.
Links: RHC70s is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked web sites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Endorsement: RHC70s does not necessarily endorse the views of those people submitting material for publication on the website.
Personal Contributions to RHC70s
1. RHC70s is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
2. The editors may alter the text of material accepted for publication for the sake of clarity, without the author being notified.
3. Digital versions of images submitted with the story may need to be cropped by the editors to facilitate the creation of thumbnails. This cropping will be done with sensitivity to the subject of the image.
4. RHC70s reserves the right to reject material on the grounds of irrerlevance, copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations.
5. RHC70s cannot accept contributions of a commercial, marketing or advertising nature unless the offer is so attractive it can fund a number of improvements to the site. We will, however, accept editorial content from commercial organisations who were involved with the College at the time.
Unauthorised attempts to deny service, upload information, change information, or to attempt to access non-public data from this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable to the full extent of the laws of England and Wales. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Please note that the site guidelines on copyright or data protection issues do not constitute legal advice.